Stains and odours are a given when you have carpets at home but getting rid of carpet stains isn’t always a cakewalk. To remove stains and odours from your carpet, you need to keep some essential things in mind.
- Regular Maintenance: Vacuum your carpets once a week to extend the life of the carpet. This can prevent odours and dirt build-up.
- Act Fast: It is possible to remove stains and odours from your carpet if you act fast. Most carpet stains become stubborn once they dry up.
- Use Carpet Powder: Powdered carpet cleaner or baking soda can get rid of most carpet stains and removes odours as well.
- Using Carpet Shampoo: Use carpet shampoo to remove stains and odours from your carpet for fantastic results. Read the label on the shampoo and follow the instructions to a T.
- Natural Remedies: Baking soda, vinegar, ammonia, soda, and tonic water can all be used to remove different types of carpet stains. The good thing about using natural ingredients is that all of these ingredients are easily found in your kitchen.
- Don’t wipe: Carpet stains can become stubborn if you wipe instead of blot. Depending on what type of stain it is, you may also want to use cold or lukewarm water with a clean, white cloth.
- Using a carpet brush: For carpet stains that have dried up, using a steel brush is your only chance at removal of stains and odours. In addition to that, you may want to use carpet powder or carpet shampoo as well.
There you go. These methods can prolong the life your new carpet or make your old carpet look like new again. If you’re bothered about some other type of stain or cleaning any other part of your house. Find other expert household cleaning tips and keep your space looking immaculate.
To know more about our carpet cleaning services click here.